As people get older they need help in a variety of ways. When a relative requires help from another by way of application to the court of protection, we deal in a simple and well advised manner to obtain the necessary orders.

Deputyship Orders

These will be required if the person loses their ability of reason before they have had the opportunity of granting a Power of Attorney.

It involves action before the Court of Protection and we are able to give detailed help and advice on the nature of the application and the type of orders required.

Deputyship Orders and Court of Protection Solicitors

General Power of Attorney

Many people may need to appoint someone to act on their behalf if they are unable to act for a short period of time, such as going on a gap year or travelling abroad.

A General Power of Attorney allows someone to assist in managing your financial affairs whilst you are away.

General power of attorney solicitor for gap year or travelling

Lasting Power of Attorney

A lasting power of attorney (LPA) is a legal document which allows people, while they are still mentally able, to appoint people to help make decisions or to make decisions on their behalf in the event that they are unable to communicate the consent themselves.

This gives you more control over what happens to you if, for example, you have an accident or an illness and can’t make decisions at the time they need to be made.

There are 2 types of LPA:
- Health and welfare
- Property and financial affairs

We are able to advise you in relation to each, in order to match your needs at the time you see us.

Lasting power of attorney for accident or illness
Contact Us
For quotes and enquiries